Saturday 27 October 2007

Playtime

This is what you do when you don't have TV, XBox or computer.




Above is a machete used by everyone including kids. Not only do they use during meal time, looking for food but play items for kids. The first week I was here, I saw a 3 year old boy carrying a machete in the corridor, I got the machete out of his hands and handed it to his parents. But minutes later, the boy had the machete in his hands again. The parents thought why is the doctor taking the machete away from his hands. Interestingly you would have thought there are more accidents but they learn at a young age how to handle this sharp object. There are no lawn mowers here in PNG, they use the machete to mow their lawn. I've seen kids as young as 6 years old being put to use and helping out with house chores such as mowing their lawn with this machete. It's hard work. I can't be bothered to cut the grass by the house I'm staying in. Nature shall take it's course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home